Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August 2012

Ok, ok, it's official, I am easily distracted and attracted to shiney objects.  That will be the story of my knitting for August.


I was off to a good start.  Finished the second cable scarf for the cable class.
Worked a little more on some of my started things (update on those in a bit), then this is where things took a turn.



I meet with a group of knitting friends and each month we try to do something new, a technique, a new book, etc.  Well this month we tried a project from the new book Betsy's Beads.  What fun!  Made one of the necklaces... tried another... what about these beads and this yarn?   You can see where this is going.  So, everything came to a halt and I made knitted, beaded neclklaces.  Lots of Christmas gifts.  The 3 pictures are just the tip of the iceberg.  There are more.....


So, finally after a few weeks of this I decided I better get back to work, even though there are still a few more beading combinations I want to try.  I made myself finish the sample sweater out of our new yarn, Montana, from Sirdar.  It turned out cute and is a pretty yarn.

Then new scarf yarn came in, so I had to whip up a scarf.  Pretty easy, only 3 sts, but such fun stuff. 


And there was some movie and car time, so I made a little progress on my mobius sweater.  I have 100" of stockinette to knit.  It is perfect social, don't need to pay attention knitting, so I am not really hurrying, just picking it up when I need it.  But, progress is being made.


My daughter's boyfriend admired the Felted Clogs in the shop when he came to visit and I promised him a pair.  I told him I'd do them for the fall.  I've been carrying the yarn around with me all summer, but as it is September now, thought I'd better get to work.  So, we have a pair of Men's XL Felted Clogs, finished this weekend.





This past week I have had a couple of people ask me for a pattern for a wintery knitted headband.  Since I don't have one, I thought I better get to work.  They are showing alot of then for winter and seem to be quite popular, so a pattern is being written and samples being made.  A little trial and error and 4 are done so far.  Chunky yarn, with a flower or button.  The pattern should be available in the  next couple of days. (I don't know why, but sometimes it turns my pictures on their side, sorry)


And one more thing, there is a scarf on the needles and at the counter.  A beautiful new yarn with little sequines arrived.  So a lace scarf is being knitted. 


Whew, I think that's it.  Next month will bring a couple more headbands, beaded necklaces and......


Until then, Happy Knitting, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment