Thursday, September 27, 2012

September 2012

Well, I thought I was busy knitting this month, but it doesn't look like I got as much done as I thought I did.  Oh well...

The scarf from last month - done.  This yarn is soooo cool.  It has these tiny sequins, they are just enough and pick up the light and sparkle.  Every time I look over and see the sparkle, I get thinking about what kind of sweater....  maybe someday.


Headbands, a few more of them were made.  All cute, some with flowers, some with buttons, some with both.  Now there are 6, done for now, I think.


 
Another beaded necklace and the start of a beaded bracelet.  I think this is winding down too.  Lot of holiday gifts made and I have other things too knit.  So much fun though...


So, looks like the daughter's boyfriend is here to stay.  Therefore he gets a sweater for Christmas.  Thought I'd get it done, so I have time for the last minute holiday things that tend to crop up.  This sweater was knit with Plymouth's Superwash Merino and the pattern is from the fall Debbie Bliss Magazine.  Hope he likes it, I do.


I should have taken a picture, but I forgot.  I had a customer order for a pair of double mittens.  One mitten inside of the other.  I or she didn't have a patterns, but she said "a good knitter would know how to do it".  So, I did a little research and it's not as hard as it may seem.  You do a provisional cast on, knit the ribbing and the 1st mitten, then I used a smaller needle and made a 2nd mitten off the provisional cast on.  And you have double mittens.


 
Of course, the mobius/sweater.  You will probably see this for a few more months.  The good news, I am halfway.  50", only 50 more to go...  I am getting tired of it, but it is great to pick up when you can't concentrate on a pattern.

So that's what I acomplished in September.  Now, newly started projects...  I have 2 sweaters cast on (no pics because they are litterally just cast on with 1 row knit) and 2 more swatches laying on my desk.  One of the cast on sweaters is of a jacket from the latest Knitter's magazine.  It will someday (soon, I hope) look like this, except mine will be hot pink and turquoise.  Looks like I have a busy October ahead. 

Until then, Happy Knitting.... Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment