Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 2012

 
Whew, now that the dress is done I have about 20 projects started and in my head.  It's getting a little crowded in there.  I feel like I'm behind.  I am not used to a project taking so long.  The results were worth it.  I know I showed you the finished dress last month, but her it is on the owner (new owner).  I think it looks better on her than the dress form.

Now, on to July...  The pretty new scarf yarn that was started in June, was finished.  It's cute, it has pretty little sequins on the edges of the ruffle.  Fun.




Not sure if I mentioned that Noro put out a new magazine and it has some great stuff in it.  And as I am always distracted by something new, I had to knit from it right away.  It is a very cool jacket, using 2 colors of Silk Garden sock yarn and short rows for shaping.  Love it!!


I had a "social" knitting project in my bag that got finished up.  My kids made me go see the Batman movie, 2 hours and 45 minutes... of batman...  Perfect for my easy knitting.  It is an Infinity Scarf knit with Findley Dappled.  It is a hand dyed, lace weight, merino/silk blend.  Don't faint at the lace weight, it was knit on 7's to make it nice and airy.  I like how it turned out and if feels so good around your neck.  There is a free pattern for it on my website.


A new yarn came in, by now you know what that means... I have to try it.  This is Montana from Sirdar, a machine washable blend that stripes.  I am knitting a little boy's sweater (it comes in girl colors too) and there is a pattern book from Sirdar with kids and adult sweaters.  It is knitting up very nice.




And since I finished up my "social" knitting project, I started another.  Not much to see yet, but it is a mobius sweater type thing.  Very pretty, but the bad news is, I have 100" of stockinette stitch to do.  I am going to have to be very social, I have a ways to go...  (Sorry, this picture will only come out in it's side)


I was writing up the newsletter, deciding on a class to do.  I've had lots of requests for a class on cables, so I decided to make an easy cabled scarf that we could use for the class.  I used a chunky yarn with one braided cable, it went quick.  I am working on another one in a different yarn.


That's it for fininshed/started projects for July.  There will be some new ones in the works for August.  They are already in the knitting bag... shall I tell you?  or surprise you??  I'll surprise you, because you never know when I'll change my mind or be distracted by something new....  So until then..... Happy Knitting, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment