Thursday, January 5, 2012

December 2011

Happy New Year!!
I finished up a couple of 2011 knitting projects and am ready to start the new year with some new knitting projects and finishing up a few older ones too.
So, finished. The afghan. Though I will say this week I missed knitting it a little because it was so warm on my lap.  As you can see, it got lots of use during the holiday week with a visiting daughter :)


And finished, just last night at 11pm, my sweater.  The seemingly endless project.  An A-line, tunic, knit with fingering weight yarn (Ella Rae's Lace Merino).  Did I mention, I LOVE this yarn!  I am wearing the sweater today.  It is just what I'd hoped it would be.  I love when that happens!

Then the project that was started and finished during Christmas week.  As you can see from the picture of the couch above, my daughter was home.  She got a cute dress at the outlet mall that is sort of dressy, but no sleeves.  Navy and grey.  She thought she needed a navy blazer to go with it, but navy blazers are harder to find than you might think (like impossible), So, mom volunteered to knit a cardigan for it.  She told me what she wanted, found a yarn, Cashsoft DK, and a week later... a sweater!  I had to show you the back, too.  I think it turned out cute and will go nicely with the new dress.

That's it for finished projects.  My husbands navy sweater is still on the needles, with a little progress.  I am about an inch from the armholes.  So, progress...   Same yarn as my daughter's sweater.  I was hoping there'd be enough, but I think we'll be ok for him. 


And I deceided I need a pair of mittens to match (well, almost) the pretty scarf I made last month for my new coat.  So I found a Silk Garden color that is close to the Silk Garden Sock I used for the scarf and started mittens. These and my husbands sweater are first on the list, then on to more fun stuff...



That's about it for December, except for a few customer finishing jobs.  I have piles of yarn sitting on my desk waiting to be knit and ideas swirling around in my head, so I guess it swatching time!

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and is ready to start a New Year.  Until next month, Happy Knitting, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment