Thursday, July 2, 2009

June 2009

Well, June was a busy month, but not necessarily for knitting. I didn't accomplish as much as I usually do.

We were on family vacation for the 2 weeks in the beginning of June and though I took lots of knitting with me I only knit on the way there and the way back. So I guess I took a vacation from knitting too.

But, I did accomplish a few things and probably added a few more to my list.

I showed you the Curilcue Coverlet that I wanted to turn into a shawl. Well, I did and I am very pleased with the results. I used Mini Mochi, a sock yarn from Crystal Palace. It is a fingering weight yarn and I knit the shawl on 7's to give it more drape. This really turned out pretty and it's fun to do. I am going to offer it in a class this fall and you can make either the coverlet or the shawl.


When I got back to the shop we had gotten in a new book from Noro, Mini Knits Two and there is an adorable baby sweater in it made with Silk Garden Sock. I had a sample vest that the company had sent me and I never really liked it or thought it made a good sample, so I ripped it out and made this cute little sweater.

Also awaiting me was a new yarn from Lang, Mille Colori Big. Big. It is a big ball of big yarn it great colors and there is a scarf pattern on the label. One "big" ball makes a beautiful scarf. The only thing I did differently from the pattern on the label was the needle size. I used and 10.5 instead of a 10. I think the 10 would have made it too tight nad I think the yarn could even handle an 11. The colors are very pretty. It was had to choose which one to make.

Now, on my needles....

I am making progress in the sweater out of Ella Rae's Lace Merino, that was just a swatch last month. I have about 8" done and I don't know if you can see it but there is a bead in the center of each little lace pattern. It will be a cardigan, someday soon.

I also started a sweater out of Superior from Filatura di Crosa . It is a silk and cashmere blend and it doesn't get much better than that. About 5" and counting so far. It is a pullover, has a bottom ruffle and a cabled top. Next month you will see the finished sweater. It is light, airy and like a dream. (yes, you see two balls of yarn attached. I have two different dye lots and I am alternating them every 2 rows, so you'll never know, unless you read this of course.)
And in my head, (well not much, somedays), but knittingwise, still the argyle vest for my son and a few other ideas swirling around. And then the new Berroco books and yarn came in for fall..... I need more time!!!
Happy Knitting, hope to see you soon. Until next month, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment