Friday, July 31, 2009

July 2009

July.... life has been a little crazy, so I have to think back. I don't think July was a very productive month knitting wise. I caught a bug at the beginning of the month and it lasted 3 weeks, so I didn't feel well for a lot of the month and a still trying to get caught up.
I feel like I started things (with all the best intentions), then got side tracked on to other things and so not much got done. Ever have one of those months?
So, here's what I did and am doing.

I finished my beautiful pink sweater made with Superior, the Cashmere and Silk yarn from Filatura di Crosa. I really love it and can't wait for a special occasion to wear it. In the meantime it is at the shop, so you can see it.

I also made a funny little earflap hat with a new yarn that we got in from Berroco, Sundae. It uses 4 different colors and different stitches. It is cute and fun. I think teenagers would love it.

Sadly, I also had to make a couple of Chemo Caps that I gave away, and forgot to take pictures first. They were sent off with love and prayers to the recipients.

I think that's it for actual accomplishments.
I worked on my beaded sweater and made some progress (I am ready to break for the armholes), then new yarn came in and I thought I should make a sample....

So, I started a Cape made with Debbie Bliss' new yarn Luxury Tweed Chunky. Of course you can't tell from the brown glob on the left, but it will soon look like the beautiful cape on the right. Soon... As soon as I get back to it.

I read that Berroco was having a contest featuring their sock yarns, but not necessarily for socks. So, I decided to enter. They will pick the top 20 entries and have their customers (you) vote for the top 8. They will publish the booklet this spring with the winning designs. The dead line to submit is August 31. So, that is where this mess of sock yarn fits in. I am frantically knitting to get my shawl knit and pattern written to submit for the contest. Fingers crossed, it is selected and I will ask you all to vote for me (if you like it,of course).

So, that was my month, a month of getting started and getting distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment