Friday, July 1, 2011

June 2011

Well, June was a busy month, but I don't have a lot of knitting to show for it.  For the first week I was away on vacation and only did a little knitting.

I went back to the Entrelac Skirt I told you about a few months ago.  It's on fingering weight yarn so it doesn't look like it but there has been progress.  The waistband is complete and I am working my way down the skirt.  That was pretty much my vacation knitting.

Back home I did a few scarves as samples for the shop and one as a gift.  The gift was a lacey scarf knit with cashmere and silk that was completed and blocked the night before I needed it, so sorry, but no picture.  The others... Two muti directional scarves.  One with Jojoland's Rhythm and the other, a new yarn from Crystal Palace, Mochi Plus. 





Then a new yarn, Boulder from Tahki.  It comes in a huge ball and knits up quick on a size 35 needle.  Really pretty colors.





Then a little more work on the soldier knitting for my daughter's boyfriend.  Socks, yes, you heard right I knit (and finished a pair of socks).  Black socks... not fun knitting for me, but they are done.  Hopefully they will help keep him warm (and safe) through the Afghan winter....


And still for the boyfriend, (and his platoon) hats.  I finished another one and thanks to my wonderful friends (you know who you are) we have 17 so far (working our way to 26, the size of his platoon).


And then, more knitting on fingering weight.  The cardigan I started last month, or the month before... Progress, but not done.  I am working on the sleeves.  And even though we are getting in some beautiful new yarns that are calling me to knit samples out of them, I vow to finish this first!  Hopefully within the week....

So I guess that's it for June, I don't feel like I have alot to show for it, but 2 fingering weight projects are SLOW...  My hope for July is to have some beautiful new samples to show you in the wonderful new fall yarns.
Until then.... Happy Knitting, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment