Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 2011

I didn't think I accomplished alot this month, but glacing back, I guess I did.

To start, I finished my son's vest.  It is wonderful, if I do say so myself.  Love the yarn!!  loved knitting with it and now that it is done and blocked, I love the results even more.  It is Ella Rae's Lace Merino.  Fingering weight. I know, but it's worth it. The yarn has a beautiful twist giving it great stitch definition and the finished sweater is so soft with a wonderful drape.  Ok, I'll stop going on and on about the yarn. 

Then I had to knit a shawl for a customer.  Sorry, I didn't take a picture, but it was the Landscape Shawl knit with Mountain Colors Wool Crepe. 

Now one to "Me Month".  I started one sweater for me.
Well.... then we got a new DK weight yarn, Indulgence 6py from KFI,  in that does fair isle striping.  Baby Surprise Jacket.  That won't take too long.  Then there was yarn left over (from 1 skein!) so of course, a hat to complete the ensemble.  I really like the way the yarn turned out in the sweater.  Cute!


I also had some yarn left over from my son's vest and thought wouldn't a tie using the reverse colors be cool.  Well, it will be when it's done.
 
 So, as I said, I started... and finished one sweater for me.  The knitting and designing of the sweater was as much for me as the finished sweater.  I love seeing the picture in my head turn into something that actually resembles the picture in my head.  This one did pretty good.  It is a swing jacket knit with Berroco's Ultra Alpaca.  I knit the "skirt" side to side using different colors and short rows to give it the "swing".  You then pick up from the skirt and knit the bodice and sleeves.  I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

I mentioned last month a skirt and top using entrelac and the Lace Merino yarn (again).  I only got a swatch done on that so far and I am still debating the right needle size for the project.  This might get started soon, but I might save most of it for out Knitting Weekend in early March.

That doesn't mean I was done for the month.  Once again I ripped out a sample I didn't like and am reknitting it into something much cuter.  It is with Noro's new yarn, Kogarashi.  This is the beginning of the back.


Then there is a yarn, Noro's Retro, that I've been wanting to knit a sample with.  I just couldn't find the right project.  It is an interesting yarn.  Angora, Silk and Wool.  Dyed solid, but each fiber takes the dye a little different so there is subtle striping.  Walking around the shop the other day (friday) I figured it out!  It would look great in one of those short sleeved vests (you wear over a turtleneck) that they are showing in all the stores right now.  So that is what it became.  Knit from the top down, in one piece.  I am looking forward to wearing it.

So, January was busier than I thought.  February will finish the Kogarashi sweater and bring a couple of baby sweaters.  I was invited to a baby shower for the girl who used to babysit my kids.  She and her sister are pregnant and the shower is on the 19th.  That is next on the list.  I also have to do a pair of socks, crazy, I know.  But if you check the class schedule there is a class on 2 socks on 2 circular needles, so, I am committed
I hope your January had more "Me" knitting than mine.  We can extend it into February, March and..... if you want! 
Happy Knitting, Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment